The attorneys at KNDK have extensive experience representing clients in Missouri, Kansas and across the country. If you need a personal injury lawyer, a medical malpractice lawyer, a business litigation attorney, or a construction attorney, our results speak for themselves. Here’s a sample of some of our results:
PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUITS
- Represented the widow of a retired 72-year-old man killed while riding his motorcycle after being hit by a commercial vehicle. Settled for policy limits of $3,000,000.
- Obtained jury verdict of $4,000,000 for a mother following the death of her 10-year-old child due to a train/car collision.
- Obtained jury verdict of $3,500,000 for a man severely injured while doing work as an employee for a contractor.
- Obtained jury verdict of $6,500,000 for a man severely injured while operating a defective forklift.
- Obtained jury verdict of $2,500,000 for an injured railroad employee who sustained a back injury after falling off a machine with a defective ladder. This remains the highest verdict ever obtained in Jackson County, Missouri for an injured railroad employee (FELA case).
- Represented a woman with neck and shoulder injuries when her vehicle was rear-ended by a commercial vehicle. $900,000 settlement.
- Represented a man with low back injuries when the other driver made an illegal u-turn on the highway. $625,000 settlement.
- Represented the widow of a man killed working as part of logging crew. Settled for policy limits of $500,000.
- Represented a man severely injured in a car accident. Obtained policy limits from the negligent driver, as well as policy limits on our client’s underinsured motorist policy.
- Represented family of teenager severely injured in pickup truck rollover accident; obtained policy limits payment of “stacked” underinsured motorist coverage of the family’s auto insurance policies.
- Represented a woman who was severely injured after being struck and dragged by a city bus. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a woman who was injured after being struck by a parking lot van. $300,000 settlement.
- Represented the widow of a man who was initially injured after his vehicle was side-swiped by a semi truck; the man developed an addiction to pain medication and later died of an accidental drug overdose. Reached a successful settlement for his family with the trucking company.
Read more about our Kansas City personal injury lawyers and practice.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWSUITS
- Represented a family related to the death of a young wife and mother due to blood loss. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a young girl on the failure to diagnose her injury. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a man who was burned in a hospital by hot liquid. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a child injured with a dislocation at birth. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a woman who received a wound infection at a nursing home. Confidential settlement.
- Represented a young girl who was injured during a surgical procedure. Confidential settlement.
Read more about our Kansas City medical malpractice lawyers and practice.
BUSINESS LITIGATION AND INSURANCE LAWSUITS
- Obtained jury verdict of $350,000 plus court-awarded punitive damages of approximately $1,000,000 for members of an LLC against their former managing member for fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and conversion of corporate opportunities.
- Represented two individuals against a debt collection firm on claims of violations of the Kansas Consumer Protection Act. Received favorable outcome for clients.
- Seeking certification of class action for members of pilot union alleging violations of the union’s duty of fair representation; pending in federal court.
- Represented the father of a man in a life insurance in a dispute over beneficiary rights; received favorable outcome over division of policy’s proceeds.
Read more about our Kansas City business and insurance litigation lawyers and practice.
- Obtained $2,000,000 jury verdict in federal court (including court-awarded attorney’s fees) for general contractor seeking payment from owner, as well as damages from three subcontractors, on a condominium project.
- Obtained nearly a $1,000,000 judgment from a court-tried case in Nebraska for general contractor client on a refrigeration plant project, seeking overages and extra work ordered by the project owner.
- Representing subcontractor to foreclose mechanic’s liens and recover for extra work and disruptions on large-scale alternative energy power plant.
- Represented contractor on municipal road project to recover for disruptions related to utility relocations, which caused overages on the project. Confidential settlement.
Read more about our Kansas City construction lawyers and practice.